Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yellowstone Trip June, 2008

On the weekend of June 2oth, Cary & I went to Yellowstone Natl Park with his parents and his neice Megan & nephew Sawyer. They are his sister Arica's kids. They were out here visiting the grandparents for 2 weeks. On Friday night after work we drove down there and met up with the rest of the gang at Mammoth Hot Springs and stayed in cabins there. We went up the Beartooth Pass to get into the park and here is a picture of the sunset on the way up. It was beautiful!!

Here is a picture of Betty, Megan, and Sawyer at the Mammoth Hot Springs on Saturday morning. Then a picture of Cary and his dad!


The picture on the right was taken at the top of the Mammoth Hot Springs. It had the neatest blue color in the pool I have ever seen. You can't see it too much in the picture, but it was really neat. There was steam coming up from everywhere up there.

Saturday night we stayed at Grant Village down by the lake. It was really nice to have a bathroom in our room!!! On Sunday we went to the falls and here are two pictures from there. I swear I could sit and watch and listen to the water all day everyday. I just love it!

Of course, I have to take some scenic pictures while on the trip too! There are some great views of streams, creeks, trees, and so much more beauty in that park! We really didn't see too many animals this time but that is ok. We saw more buffalo than we ever need to see again. Actually.....they caused a traffic jam since they decided they wanted to walk in the middle of the road instead of off the road and it took us two hours to go 4 miles!!! It was NUTS!


2 comments:

Stacy said...

Very pretty! I like the falls and the picture of the sunset the best. Thanks for sharing!

S&J Jones Family said...

Pretty pictures, looks like fun!